Lusitania Documentaries, Movies, etc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Peter
    Able Seaman

PostLusitania Documentaries, Movies, etc.
    on: July 24, 2011, 22:14
    Quote Remove Edit
    Hi all,

Does anybody know if a copy exists of a BBC documentary which was broadcast, in colour, at 7.25pm on 22nd October 1972 on the BBC2 TV channel in Britain? I don’t have the name of the programme, although I expect to have a copy of the Radio Times, in which the programme was advertised, pretty soon.

It appears the BBC no longer have it in their archives and have no idea if a copy exists.

Many thanks,

Peter

barryse8
    Able Seaman

PostRe: Lusitania Documentaries, Movies, etc.
    on: July 26, 2011, 09:59
    Quote Remove Edit
    Hi Peter,

the documentary was called sixty fathoms down I think, I had written to the BBC a few years back with the same response, if a copy does exist its lying in some storeroom somewhere waiting to be found, chances are however like most BBC film in the 60’s it was reused and lost forever. I think Light was the diver but not sure

Cliff

Peter
    Able Seaman

on: July 27, 2011, 16:02
    Quote Remove Edit
    Hi Cliff,

Good to hear from you. I have been contacted by a relative of Joseph and George Wynne, the father and son who worked in the kitchens – Joseph, the father, was lost, while George survived – seeking a copy as George was interviewed by the team who made the programme, and thus featured in it. Like you, this relative also contacted the BBC and probably received the same reply, however, the BBC have sent him a copy of what appeared in the Radio Times, advertising the broadcasting of the programme. I have asked for a copy of this page. Unfortunately, the VCR wasn’t around for home taping in 1972, so I suspect that it is probably lost forever.

Peter

barryse8
    Able Seaman

on: July 30, 2011, 08:49
    Quote Remove Edit
    Hi Peter,

hope you are well, Have you tried the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, I know that they had copies of interviews with Harold Boulton and Charlotte Pye, maybe they have a hidden copy of the film?

Cliff

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
RSS194
Follow by Email4
Facebook3k
Twitter432